Background

Monday, June 7, 2010

1st day of internship -- epic fail


Ok, so what you are about to read is one of those things that you couldn't make up---it's just that ridiculous.

This is the day that I have been looking forward to, worrying about, working towards, and praying about for the past several months---the first day of my internship.

Potential oversight #1--Eating an unknown Vietnamese dish the night before

Potential oversight #2--Eating unwashed blackberries the morning of

Potential oversight #3--Ignoring the onsurge of nausea while driving

In a minute flat, I went from ok----to most certainly not ok.

I then assumed---and we all know what that does---that a nice hearty belch would relieve all of my gastronomic pressure. Not so.

I grabbed my paper towel, stuck it in front of my face---whew! caught and controlled.

But in the next moment, my stomach was Mount Vesuvius and the metaphorical hot lava exploded----all over me.

It was neither pretty nor aromatic.

I was running on time. I was good to go. And then Mount Vesuvius. I had to call my supervisor and tell her that I was a hot pukey mess and needed to go home, clean myself with hot lava, and change. Thankfully, she understood and didn't call me unclean or send me outside the camp.

There was apparently a big cosmic joke being played on me today. Somebody had a big laugh at my expense. I'm sure many more will after reading this. Just remember---that you might be the next victim of dramatic irony.

Ok, so it really is funny. Mount Vesuvius is certainly one way to break the ice.

The end.

5 comments:

  1. haha - you poor thing! ...and that's gross. :) glad there was understanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cracking up at the last part of the first paragraph of your May 25 post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, nice connection. not what i was anticipating when i wrote that post. :P

    good news!! no spew today. my breakfast went where it was supposed to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS!! I can't believe that. It sounds like you handled it really well, though.

    p.s. I love the term, "gastronomic pressure." I'm takin that one with me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness. that is hilarious! :D I love the connection between this one and your last post too - oooh, I'm still laughing about it! but, for reals, keep us updated on the internship and everything!! hopefully the next few days will redeem the crummy/funny first!

    ReplyDelete